The National School of Character recognition is given by character.org to schools that embrace and utilize their entire school community to provide the most valuable and connected social and academic education possible that inspires and motivates students to be involved in their community.
According to character.org National Schools of Character are schools in which:
- Bullying is rare.
- Cheating and discipline problems decline.
- Test scores, grades and homework completion go up.
- Attendance and graduation rates are high.
- Dropout rates are low.
- Achievement gaps are narrowed.
- Teacher retention and satisfaction are high.
- Parent satisfaction and engagement rates are high.
- Student engagement and involvement is high.